This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

Everyone loves snow days. Classes are cancelled and that means no 8:00AM classes. Since I work on campus, I didn’t even have to work. There was outdoor ice skating and a snowman building contest. Any tests that were scheduled for today are postponed. Snows days are great, but there are also some moments that aren’t so great. Let’s talk embarrassing snow day moments:

1)     Showing Up to Class: Either you chose not to check your phone or your battery is dead. Either way, you walked into that classroom and sat there for ten minutes until you finally realized no one else was coming. Now your shoes have soaked through and you have to do the walk of shame back home.

2)     Snow Ball Gone Wrong: If there is snow, there’s a snowball fight. Chances are, it isn’t just the sports teaming playing and the aim isn’t very good. That snowball might not have been intended for you, but you’re the one that got hit. That will keep you cold all day and leave a nice red mark. At least it will match your flaming cheeks!

3)     The Dreaded Fall: You walked slowly and wore the right shoes. Still, you fell right into the snow. Everyone has seen and the imprint will stay in the snow until it eventually melts away. Hopefully, you weren’t going anywhere important, because you’re soaked!