October Breast Cancer Events

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, here are three fun local events to help raise awareness and money for an amazing cause!:

October 28 6:00-7:30 PM in the MPR: Join the three Merrimack College Zumba® instructors for our Party in Pink Zumbathon®! Wear anything and everything pink you own, bring $5, and come dance! All proceeds from this event benefit the Susan G. Komen foundation. Tickets will be sold on main street and at the door of the event. For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/events/524070144343412

Howl at the Moon’s “Drink Pink” Month: All month long at Howl at the Moon in Boston! Purchase a cocktail called a “pink paradise,” or a “Howl at the Boobies” t-shit, and a portion of proceeds benefit the Open Arms foundation!

October 17, 1-2 PM, Museum of Fine Arts “Think Pink” Gallery: The MFA in Boston is showing support for breast cancer by hosting a “Think Pink” exhibit. The exhibit is all about the color pink- the meaning behind the color, cultural associations, and especially the role it has played in breast cancer awareness.