This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

With just boots, leggings (already a fall staple for most college girls) and your own spin on these two outfit  you can quickly come up with a cute outfit for homecoming events. 

The first outfit is simply a denim shirt and flowy tank. You can put your own spin on this combo by wearing a jean jacket instead of the denim shirt and instead of a striped shirt throw on your favorite graphic print top or support your school and sport a college tee from the bookstore. The great part about this outfit is that with all of this crazy fall weather you can easily remove the jean jacket and be ready for warmer temperatures.

The next combination has a few more pieces but is just as customizable. With just an army style jacket, a tshirt dress (HUGE trend this year) and a scarf I was able to throw this outfit together in just a few minutes. You can make this your own by using your favorite fall jacket and any big tshirt plain or patterned. Have fun with it too; if you go for a simpler tshirt dress, pick a fun scarf so you stand out from all of the other homecoming ready outfits.

Hopefully this inspiration makes getting ready a little easier! Happy homecoming!!   

I'm Brenna McDonald, a sophomore at Merrimack college who loves hair & makeup. Follow brennamcdonalddesigns on instagram to see a little more about what I love to do! 
Rachel DeYoung is a junior at Merrimack College pursuing a degree in Business Marketing with a minor in Mass Communications. This is her third year as a member of the Her Campus Merrimack College chapter where she assumes the role of Campus Correspondent. You can follow her on Instagram (rdeyoung)