Fashion Styles On Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Merrimack chapter.

When it comes to first impressions, people base how they think of you by what you wear and how you present yourself. Here are a few unique fashion statements about what kind of impression you are giving and how to feel good about yourself.

1. High heels- Heels can sometimes be difficult to walk in, but can be a positive sense of female power. Heels are mostly worn on the weekend when you are going out with the girls, but can be dressed down to wear in class. They often draw attention to the eye and can lend some finesse to your outfit.

2. Self-cut up clothing- A common style nowadays are jeans with fraying ends and holes in the material for a stylish look. Shirts that are also ripped or show too much skin can sometimes be deceiving. These types of clothing generally look awesome, but girls need to be careful not to give off the wrong image. Being creative with clothing by ripping or designing is the unique way to go if you know what you’re doing.

3. Low rise jeans- Low rise pants or jeans can look good with any top when putting together an outfit. If you want to flaunt your curves then this is the way to go. They can be flattering and draw attention to the waist for an overall great look.

4. Pajamas and slippers- Wearing pajamas on campus is most likely not common. If you want to go for the relaxed look, try sweatpants or yoga pants with a sweatshirt. Moccasin shoes can easily take the place of slippers. These can be not only fashionable but very comfortable for a long day of classes.

5. Leggings- Leggings can be worn under a long shirt or as comfortable pants. A nice pair of leggings can be fashionable with boots in the colder seasons or with flip flops in the summer. Leggings with intricate designs have lately come into style and can give a little spice to your look.

Be sure to try out different looks around campus, but add your own spark to make the perfect outfit that gives off a great first impression.

I love the idea of a place that a girl or even a guy could go to get advice or just learn something new. I enjoy writing and teaching people things that they did not already know, whether for fun or for to become better educated on a subject. At Merrimack College where I attend, I have joined their Her Campus team and have begun to write articles already. I feel like I definitely have a unique voice and would love to share it with others. I have a broad background, encompassing numerous hours of volunteer work, customer service, religion, as well as a broad range of knowledge in many subjects. I have an avid passion for reading and through this I have learned a lot that I would never have otherwise learned. Some of my main goals in life are staying positive, helping others, and making a difference in the world around me.