This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MCLA chapter.

Angelina Rivera has made me beyond proud. In high school she was the craziest one out of all of us. She knows how to have fun but also knows how to get her shit done. She blew us all away with her senior project, which by the way, was fucking amazing. Now, she is the National Guard and kicking ass. The real definition of making dreams come true and I can’t even begin to express the amount of pride I have when I call her my friend. We don’t talk as much anymore since she is always busy and college life gets stressful but I still have so much love and appreciation for her.

Olivia Slamin is another friend who I may not speak to everyday, but have never stopped appreciating. Life has made us grow apart but the memories we have I will forever cherish. I’ll always be thankful you didn’t make me go to my stupid meetings alone… well they actually weren’t stupid– we had a lot of fun going to them and who knows what I would have done without them. You’re easy to open up to and you also held it down for me when it came to heartbreak, especially when it came to… Dandelion. We used to be inseparable and we had the best times together. The laughs were never ending, they still are. I hope you always know that no matter how far apart life throws us, I will always be here for you. I will always answer every text and phone call. Forever thankful for everything you have ever done and will ever do for me. PS, I still love matteo a little bit more than I love you.

Vanessa Mancuso, oh my, we have been through literal hell and back. From screaming at each other in the hallway to being each others homecoming date. We have come a long way but I am so glad we were able to move past everything. She has proved everyone and their moms wrong my excelling so well in the Navy and I couldn’t be more proud of her and how far she has come. She is one of the strongest, funniest, and most caring person I have ever had the privilege of meeting. I know I can confidently say I can always count on her. Even when we hate each other, I know she will always be there to answer every phone call and put a smile on my face. I love her with all my heart and wish for nothing but happiness for her in this life.

CJ Roy was my rock in high school; he was my go-to my savior. He was the type of person to very literally come to the rescue whenever I needed him. He has picked me up when I’m done both emotionally and physically. He answered every phone call and always knew how to put a smile on my face even when I wanted to punch a hole in the wall. Even though times have changed since high school, I still hope nothing less than the best for him. He has always been the most independent and strong headed person I have ever met and I know that will never change. He is going to become someone important one day and I can’t wait to see where this life takes him.

Meghan is a sophomore who majors in Psychology with a minor in behavior analysis. She is one of the two campus correspondents of the MCLA chapter. Writing has become first nature for her- it's like riding a bike into paradise. She primarily writes about love with the hope to become the female version of Nicholas Sparks someday.