Collegiette of the Month: Lexie Bilhete

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Introducing Lexie Bilhete, a fantastic member of the Her Campus McGill team without whom we would not be able to do everything we do! She’s in her final year studying Honours History with a minor in Classical Studies. Although she joined the HC McGill team this past September, she has learned the ropes quickly, consistently writing high quality articles with original ideas (on top of writing her thirty page thesis!) She’s also one of the cheeriest members of the team and always comes to meetings and events with a smile on her face. (FYI: Her amazing lemon poppyseed cake which frequently makes an appearance at the HC McGill bake sales is to-die-for!). Read on to learn more about the bubbly Lexie!

Esther Vinarov for Her Campus McGill (HC McGill): How did you get involved with Her Campus McGill?

Lexie Bilhete (LB): I became aware of Her Campus McGill through a friend who is a writer herself. She always had such positive things to say about the topics of her work and relationship with the girls on the entire Her Campus McGill team, it was just so inspiring and I had to join!

HC McGill: What has been your favorite article to write so far, and why? 

LB: My favorite article was titled “Top 5 Famous McGill Alumni That Will Spark School Spirit.” I got to research and learn about all the fascinating and prominent people who graduated from McGill and have had colossal impacts in so many various domains such as arts, music, science and diplomacy. Not only was it really fun, but I can definitely say it inspired me to study afterward!

HC McGill: Are you involved with any other extracurricular activities on campus?

LB: Unfortunately no, but I am an intern at Concordia University in the Oral History Department. I know how it sounds… “Interns get coffee” – but I swear it isn’t like that at all. I get to transcribe interviews with survivors from the Second World War! (Honestly speaking, sometimes I wish they would just send me off for a cup of coffee…)

HC McGill: What is the absolute craziest thing you’ve done while at McGill?

LB: Hmmm.. does an all-nighter in the library count? Hey, brushing my teeth in the washroom and sleeping on an uncomfortable desk was pretty crazy if I do say so myself.

HC McGill: If you were sorted into a house at Hogwarts, which house would you be in?

LB: Confession: Never read the books. But I’ve seen the movies.. what’s the house that the super studious no-social-life people get sorted into? Slot me in there…give me ALL the books!

HC McGill: What’s one secret hidden talent of yours? 

LB: I can speak four languages, English, French, Italian and Spanish.. throw in my understanding of Portuguese and introductory-level education in Latin and I’m just as good as Rosetta Stone!

Speed Round

Fro-yo topping: Chocolate syrup

Library:  Good ol’ Redpath, of course. (Mostly because I have a carrel there!)

Place to get food at McGill: Subway in the Arts basement: delicious, quick and cheap!

Place to get poutine: La Banquise 

Guy and girl celebrity crushes: Alexis Bledel and Ryan Gosling (of course)

Spirit animal: Sometimes I feel like a gazelle, always running around to a different lunch date or meeting. But other times, I am the epitome of a sloth… I like those times!

Time of day to go up the mountain: During the day, preferably early in the morning. The hustling and bustling of Montreal is tranquil, it is a sleeping city and it makes me feel on top of the world!

Katrina served as the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus McGill from 2013-2015.  With a love of writing, fashion, and fitness, she spent a lot of her time exploring Montréal to find great things around campus and in the city to share with the Her Campus readers. Twitter @KatrinaKairys.Awarded 1st place for "On Campus Publicity" for My Campus Chapter Awards 2014Awarded Her Campus "Gold Chapter Level" 2013Awarded Her Campus "Platinum Chapter Level" 2014