freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cutie: Erik

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Single or taken?  Taken

Hometown: Vancouver, BC

Major: Double major in Philosophy and Sociology

Where can we find you on campus?  6th floor of McLennan if I’m staying on campus for a while. Otherwise moving in between random buildings. 

Hobbies and/or and extra curricula activities: Biking and playing Super Smash Bros. Melee

Do you have any talents? I can play guitar and piano and I do a lot of visual art. I also do puns. None in this article. 

What’s your best quality? I have a lot of patience and enjoy helping people work through things.  

Any pet peeves? I can’t stand it when people beat themselves up constantly. Respect yourself! 

Favourite food and drink: Mashed potatoes are my favourite food, they’re so versatile and so delicious. Tea is my favourite drink. It’s got caffeine, variety, and it can be sweet or savory.

Favourite Colour: Hard to say, but all of my clothes are blue, so probably that. But I also like burgundy and other wine tones. 

What’s your go to spot in Montreal? Jean-Talon Market. 

Favourite movie: Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. My girlfriend introduced me to Wes Anderson movies and they’re pretty sick. 

If you could have one super power what would it be? Definitely flight. I’ve flown in a few dreams before and it’s off the hook.

What can you cook best? A lot of things, but my mashed potatoes are probably the thing I can cook best. 

Who is your role model and why? My grade 8 math teacher. Before I left high school I asked him why he didn’t teach Math 12 since all the other math teachers sucked. He told me he used to cry to his wife when he had to go to his last job. Now he loves teaching math to kids and he’s actually excited to go to work. He would teach Math 12 but he can’t have the same fun with stressed out kids applying to university when their marks actually matter. To have someone level with me like that and also be so happy making other people enjoy themselves definitely makes them role model material to me.