Campus Cutie: Christian Palmer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Meet this week’s campus cutie Christian Palmer, a Montreal native and returning member of the McGill Varsity Rugby team. Read on to find out his best advice for enduring finals, his current TV obsession, and more!

Year: U3

Major: Microbiology & Immunology

Hometown: Montreal

Relationship Status: Single

What activities or clubs are you involved in on campus? I’ve played on the Varsity Rugby team for the last two seasons.

What is your favorite McGill memory? After leaving McGill, I think the memories that would stand out the most would be the ones made with the McGill Rugby team and the MIMM (Microbiology & Immunology) fam.

Who is your celebrity crush? I have two but one is not a celebrity yet! Blake Lively and Yoojin Choi!

What is your ultimate pet peeve? It’s gotta be people with a crappy attitude.

What TV show are you currently addicted to? I was a little late to the Game of Thrones train, but I started about 3 weeks ago and I can’t stop. Just in time for season 5, am I right? Also loved Breaking Bad.

If you could invent a new holiday, what would it be? Am I allowed to make another Christmas???

What would you say to someone who is having a bad day? Want to get some food?

Who is your role model? I don’t really have one, I guess. I learned early on not to compare myself to others, so I kind of just do what I think is right; sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn’t. I’d say the closest thing I have to a role model is my mom. She’s super hard working, smart and cares deeply for the people around her.

If your entire life were a movie, what would the title and synopsis be? If my life up to this point were a movie, I wouldn’t recommend watching it. Movie critics would give it 0/10. There’s no drama, no suspense, hardly any thrills, no plot twists.

What was your first thought when you woke up this morning? Damn, I slept too long but I’m still tired. What am I having for lunch?

Any wise words of wisdom for everyone during finals season? The more time you spend panicking, the less time you give yourself to study. Also: snacks, short breaks and sleep go a long way with information retention. Stay (mentally) healthy and good luck!

Images contributed by interviewee.