What It’s Like to Go Through Recruitment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

You sign up for recruitment and mark all the dates in your calendar because you’re so excited and you can’t wait for it to start.

Whenever you see a cute outfit you judge it in terms of whether or not you can wear it for a recruitment round.

On the first day you see all the other women and you get a little nervous but then you remember how awesome you are.

When you walk into the first house and you’re like…

After a few hours you start getting really hungry and all you can think about is food.

But when there is food you worry you might be a little messy.

You worry you’re going to run out of things to talk about.

You’re starting to question whether it was a good idea to wear heels when there is ice everywhere.

And you’re wondering why you’re wearing a dress in the freezing cold.

When you finally get home at the end of the day and crash into bed because you’re exhausted.

When you don’t get invited back to a chapter you thought was THE ONE and it’s kind of like getting dumped.

But in the end you realize it was all worth it when you meet your amazing new sisters.

And you know you’re going to be best friends!

Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.