The Return of the One-Piece

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Believe it or not, one-pieces are totally in right now. Modesty does not have to mean unsexy; and one-pieces don’t have to mean completely covered up. There are so many types now, from monokinis and cutouts to retro and bustier, you’re bound to find one that fits your style. Check out the hottest styles for this summer.

Rouched bathing suits are great if you’re feeling insecure about any lumps or bumps on your body. 

Forever 21 – $27.80

J.Crew – $188

Monokinis are for those who don’t care about weird tan lines. They’re essentially bikinis with added fabric connecting the top and bottom, but the different shapes help you show off your best assets. 

Express – $69.90

H&M – $29.95

Cutouts and mesh add intrigue to one-pieces because they attract attention without showing off too much skin.

JCPenny – $48

Retro styles will make you feel like you’re Rachel McAdams in the Notebook – you know which scene I’m talking about. (If you’re a bird, I’m a bird…)

TopShop – $72

And don’t forget about traditional halter or strapless styles. They’re great for drawing attention to the girls. ;)

Macy’s – $88

Urban Outfitters – $96

J.Crew – $105