This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Name: Rasheed Wesley Sulaimon     

Year: Senior

Hometown: Houston, TX

Major: MBA in Marketing

Relationship Status: Single

Rasheed Sulaimon started his basketball career as a shooting guard for the Duke University Blue Devils.  Now a senior, he joins the University of Maryland Terrapins to take on the Big Ten Conference, and to hopefully help our team win a National Title! 

Describe yourself in three words.

Ambitious, laidback, & passionate

What is something most people don’t know about you?

I played the saxophone for six years. I love everything about music. I can listen to a plethora of different genres from hip-hop to jazz to classical music. 

How long have you been playing basketball?

Basically my whole life. My earliest memory involved basketball.  I guess I’ve been infatuated with the sport my entire life.

What is your favorite basketball-related memory?

There have been some pretty good ones like the Syracuse buzzer beater a couple of years back, but I would have to say without a doubt, the day I decided to come to Maryland to play for the university’s basketball team! Go Terps!!!

Who is your favorite NBA player?

Kobe Bryant. I just love his passion for and the way he approaches the game. I’m also a big advocate of dedication and hard work and I can’t name another athlete that works harder or is more dedicated to his craft than Kobe. I highly admire that aspect in his character.

What is your favorite thing about UMD so far?

The entire community here is amazing. I’m still transitioning, but my experience has been great so far and much of that can be credited to the great students here at UMD.

Celebrity crush?

Hmm, I would have to say Sofia Vergara, Angelina Jolie, or Adriana Lima.

Have any girls here at UMD caught your eye?

Haha, there are a lot of great girls here, but I have just been focusing on my academics and the upcoming season this year. There are so many people that attend school here that I probably wouldn’t know her name anyway.

What’s your best pickup line?

Haha, wow these are some tough questions. I honestly don’t have any though. My pops always told me to just be myself so that is what I try to do. Hopefully that’s good enough!

What is the sweetest thing you’ve ever done for a girl (Or the sweetest thing you would do)?

Growing up with five women in your household, you have to try to be creative on any special occasion.  I would have to say for my mom’s 50th birthday, I handmade her favorite breakfast, chocolate-hazelnut banana crepes, for her in bed with 50 white roses, her favorite flower.

Biggest turn-on?

A lady with ambition and confidence.

Who would be your go-to wingman from the UMD basketball team?

Hmm, this is a tough one; they’re all pretty smooth with the ladies haha.  I don’t think I could go wrong with anyone on the team. We are pretty close so we do everything together anyway. If I had Jake Layman, Melo Trimble, Dion Wiley, Diamond Stone, Jaylen Brantley, Jared Nickens, Robert Carter, Damonte Dodd, Varun Ram, Trevor Anzmann, Ivan Bender, Michal Cekovsky, Andrew Terrel, or Kent Auslander on any given night, I think I’ll be in good company!