Makeup Must Haves on a College Girl’s Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

1. Anything elf brand

I’ve been a loyal elf user for a while now. I first noticed their products because they are so cheap (most stuff is only 2 to 5 dollars!), but as I began using some of their stuff, I realized I liked it a lot better than the other products I had been using. One of my all-time favorites is their Essential Expert Liquid Eyeliner which is incredibly easy to apply and lasts even the roughest of nights out.  The Sunkissed Glow Bronzer is also a great option to make your skin look tanned and radiant. If your skin tends to be on the shinier side or you find yourself shiny with sweat in a frat basement, their High Definition Powder is a great way to matte your face without looking caked. Also, you can find just about any great quality make up brush you need for a cheaper price than any of their competitors.  They also refrain from testing any of their products on animals, so you can feel good about the company you’re supporting while looking beautiful at the same time. 

2. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Using a quality mascara is imperative. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to apply mascara that clumps or just doesn’t seem to cooperate. I’ve been through what seems like endless different types of mascaras in the past few years, and nothing has come close to L’Oreal’s Voluminous Butterfly Mascara. They’ve successfully created a high quality mascara that matches department store products, but it sells for only eight dollars and lasts for a long time too. I am frequently asked how I get the lashes that I do, and I can only credit L’Oreal for their miracle-working mascara creation. 

3. Wet n’ Wild Mega Last Lip Color

I love wearing some color on my lips for bar nights or special events, but I hate spending money on lipstick. This brand has just about any color lipstick you’re looking for, and for only two dollars each, it’s incredibly long lasting. If you aren’t looking to spend a lot of money like me, or you haven’t really experimented with wearing lipstick yet, this is definitely the brand to go for.