This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Name: Jaemoon Park

Hometown: Owings Mills, Md.

Relationship Status: Single

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius

Major: Computer Science

What are your favorite hobbies?

I enjoy urban exploring, looking up Hawaiian real-estate, and taking cold showers.

What’s up with the Hawaiian real-estate?

That’s where I’m going to (hopefully) live in the future of course! Gotta prepare early!

Why’d you choose computer science?

I find the field of Computer Science (especially Artificial Intelligence) extremely intriguing and valuable. I think it has a lot of potential to make a bigger and more beneficial impact on everyone’s life in the future.

What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?

I see myself enjoying life at Hawaii with maybe even my own startup company, preferably one that is a minute walk away from the beach!

What’s your favorite memory from your childhood?

My favorite childhood memory would be going to Hawaii and traveling through the marketplace at night with my wonderful family. There were parades every night!

Is that why you’re so obsessed with Hawaiian culture?

I just want to escape the mainland but still be a part of the country. I want to escape the hustle and bustle of continental living and establish an “ohana.” (That means family) (And no one gets left behind)

I read that in Hawaii that people are very communal. I want to be a part of their tight knit community with my island brothers and sisters.

What is it about the beach you love so much?

It makes me realize how we’re so small compared to the world. And if we think about our everyday problems and the grand scale of the world, we realize they’re rather menial. I love the beach, especially when it’s sunny; it makes me happy! It’s so soothing.

So would you say your dream date would be on a beach in Hawaii?

Actually for a dream date, it doesn’t really matter about the location; it’s more about the person. So an ideal dream date can be anywhere, as long as with I’m someone I truly love.

What would you say is something you live by?

Better yourself through and for yourself!

A bit cliché, don’t you think?

I know it sounds cliché, but it’s actually very valid. What’s the point of bettering yourself if it’s not for you? If you work hard to improve yourself for your own purposes, you made progression and growth while being true to yourself.