Dorm Sweet Dorm: A Look Inside Where UMD Lives

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

It’s been a few weeks since school started, and Terps around campus have finally settled into their new homes for the year.

After the struggle of move-in day, filled with lugging things up flights of stairs, unpacking suitcases of clothing, and shifting furniture around to maximize space, many students have managed to arrange and decorate their home away from home.

And with that, here’s a peek at just a few of the campus’s coolest dorm rooms. Maybe some of them will inspire you to do some more interior decorating!

Dana Harris, a sophomore, accessorizes her wall with some Maryland pride.

You can never have too much school spirit. This common room is part of a suite in Harford Hall.

Sophomores Kristen Lowe and Meghan Flaherty decorate their bedroom door.

Michael Jurrens and his five suite mates have this sign hanging above their door in Montgomery Hall.

Dana and her roommate, Emily Kennedy, personalize the space over their closets. It’s clear that there’s some baseball rivalries going on here!

Suitemates compile a calendar in the hallway with each person’s schedules.

And here’s a glimpse of my room. It’s not hard to tell what my favorite color is!