3 Ways to Rock a Hair Chain

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Do you ever wish you had the closet of Kendal Jenner with endless possibilities and never had to wear the same thing twice? Me too! Unfortunately, as a young collegiette and not a super model it can be hard to recycle your wardrobe and make multiple looks from just one piece.

By sticking to the basics from the neck down you can use hair accessories to change any look from basically drab to FAB. Here are three ways to wear a hair chain that will turn heads all over campus.

Look 1:

Taking the traditional center part approach with smooth straight hair and adding texture with a braid makes for a trendy look that incorporates two styles. The braid makes for a more casual look that makes this perfect for a little daytime glam. Keeping it simple with no other accessories will allow people to focus on the hair chain. You can find chains in all different metals with variations in embellishments.

Look 2:

If you are looing for the next step up, you can kick your look into high gear by adding volume to a half up half down hairstyle. The look here was created using a paddle brush to tease and an unhealthy amount of hair spray to make sure everything stayed in place. The long earrings in the same tone as the hair chin add another element that dresses up the look and is perfect for the girl who cannot leave the house with just one accessory.

Look 3:

For this last variation (my personal FAVE) the model steers clear of the center part and wears the chain over brushed back hair. The soft waves make it elegant, classy and a little retro. The chunky necklace makes a bold statement that says you are far from mediocre.

Having a signature accessory is a great investment. It is not only less expensive than buying 30 new shirts from Tobi, but it also encourages you to get creative and take simple pieces and work them into your own personal style. 

Want to try out the trend yourself? Below are some Her Campus approved hair chains we hope to see you wearing around campus soon!

Asos $45.70

Urban Outfitters $18

Etsy $19.

Hey! My name is Jenna and I am a junior journalism major and art history minor at the University of Maryland. I am from New Jersey and love all things fashion and beauty. Find out more about me and see more of my writing on my blog http://jennariquelle.wordpress.com/ 
Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.