Put Your Best Face Forward with These Tips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Hey ladies, it’s time to talk about something we don’t always take seriously: skin care. No one likes to have a flakey or pimple-covered complexion, but let’s face it, skin care can be expensive and time consuming! With these few simple tips it no longer has to be.

1. Acne. We’ve all had it. Each person’s skin is different so it’s about finding what works best for you. A bad diet can lead to acne (hello late night pizza!) so try reaching for more fruits and veggies. Removing your makeup is also a must – even if you do pull an all-nighter! Try a face wash with salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide to remove excess oil and clear out those pores, or try a face wash with a clay base for a more natural treatment.

Maisie’s Recommendation: Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash, $22

1. Surprise! Spending too much time partying is also bad for your skin. Tobacco and alcohol can lead to premature aging. Make sure to use a balanced moisturizer and always drink plenty of water.

Maisie’s Recommendation: Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15, $15

1. Spend that extra minute to exfoliate! Clearing pores and keeping up with your routine is most important – don’t let that skin get out of control!

Maisie’s Recommendation: Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser, $9

1. Our schedules can get crazy in college. To save some time, use combination products. If you wake up at 7:50 for your 8 a.m. class and don’t have time for moisturizer, sunscreen, and foundation, you can grab a tinted moisturizer containing a little SPF to protect your skin. Keeping makeup removing wipes by your nightstand for a quick removal and storing cleansers in your shower caddy can save you some precious minutes too!

Maisie’s Recommendation: No. 7 Dual Action Tinted Moisturizer, $10

Remember that high price, name brand products aren’t necessarily better than bargain products. And hey, spending that extra minute to wash your face is worth it! Staying hydrated, eating healthy, and keeping up with your routine can lead to a glowing complexion and help you put your best face forward.

Maisie Bentz

Marquette '18

I don't care if I'm a fish, I still want a bicycle.
Prefer to consume my calories in liquid form. Living in the land of beer and cheese. Dreamer. Explorer. Wanderer.