This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

My First Airband Experience At Marquette

One of my absolute favorite things to do is dance. The problem with that is that I cannot dance for the life of me. I frequently attempt to imitate dance moves that I see other people execute flawlessly, and I end up looking like a wiggly scarecrow. Despite my lack of dancing skills, I still dance often, and often in random situations. When I hear about Airband, I was immediately interested. I heard what an amazing and fun experience it was, and really wanted to try it out.

Airband is a dance competition between many of the sororities and fraternities on campus that consists of dancing, and lip-syncing, usually incorporating a bigger theme, with related makeup, outfits, and props. As a member of Pi Beta Phi, our theme was “Cadet Kelly,” and we had a military style dance routine with fierce makeup and army green shirts.

We began practicing around mid-February, and became a very tight group. The leaders, Sahar Jiwani and Meghan Byrne, were amazing teachers and dancers. They choreographed a fun, intense, and amazing routine.

The day of Airband, April 7th, was incredibly exciting, and getting ready together was a fun bonding experience. The actual event was a lot of fun as well, and getting to see the other sororities and fraternities compete was incredible. Even though we got last place, the experience was incredible and I highly recommend either attending or participating in it if you get the chance!

Hello! My name is Violette Shearer and I am a freshman studying Speech Pathology and minoring in Spanish! This is my first semester writing for HerCampus. I enjoy running, being in nature, singing, dancing, volunteering, and hanging out with family and friends!
Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy