This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

The days of bundling up in three sweaters to fight the cold are over, and Spring has officially made its much awaited reappearance…thank goodness! It seems as if after completing the daunting task of surviving the Winter months, everyone is ready to put away their Winter clothes and take their favorite Spring essentials out of hibernation! That being said, you don’t have to pack up ALL of your Winter clothes just yet! Spring is different because it’s a season (especially here in New York!) that days vary from super-hot to still slightly chilly. For that reason, it can be difficult to decide what to wear. But don’t worry: your Winter wardrobe can meet your Spring one, after all! Here’s what to wear to dress chic and incorporate some of your favorite winter and spring clothing must haves so you’re always dressed cute and comfy for some of the most enjoyable days of the school year!

So you want to dress nicely but the weather forecast is a little unpredictable. What do you do? Pair your favorite denim skirt with a sweater and some Converse sneakers! When the weather is still fluctuating, your best bet is to be dressed in something that is versatile: the sweater ensures you stay warm, and the skirt is so you don’t overheat! Cute sneakers totally complete the look and voila! You’re ready to go.

Your sweaters can also be worn with your favorite denim cut-off shorts for a relaxed, easy-going look. Roll up the sleeves of a baggy winter sweater and pair it with denim shorts to stay chic while also staying comfortable in the ever-changing temperatures! Pro-tip: throw on a stack of your favorite bracelets and show them off since your sleeves are rolled up!

Another option is to pair a cardigan or open-front sweater with a tank dress! These dresses are easy to wear, and the cardigan adds a cozy touch that will keep you trendy and ready to sit through those classes in air conditioned classrooms! But the moment you find yourself getting to warm, just ditch the sweater and you’re still stylish as can be!

It’s all in the accessories too, of course! During the springtime, you can wear light scarves with a light weight t-shirt on days when the weather is iffy. As for footwear, you can roll down those adorable high socks you love, leave them a little bunched up around the ankles, and pair them with ankle booties! Just put on a swing dress and you’re all set and ready to go!        

The most important thing to remember when mixing and matching spring and winter essentials is to give everything a try! Have fun with what you wear, and if you feel confident in it, you can’t go wrong. Happy spring, and happy styling!

Madison is a senior journalism student at Marist College with an affinity for all things writing, iced coffee, and Great Gatsby related. She is currently a Lifestyles & Her Future writer for Her Campus.