Which Riverdale Theory Do You Believe In?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

A gloomy overcast greys the already somber small town from previous tragedy. The vibe is on-edge that not even a classic Pop’s milkshake can quell nor cure. There is no peace; there is no normalcy because there are no answers.

This is Riverdale.

Riverdale graced our television screens yet again with its season 2 premiere. Whether you are fangirling over Archie behind closed doors, or immersed in the theatrics™, Riverdale provides a bit of excitement for everyone. Most this excitement though comes at the expense of the community, as it continues to grieve and ask, who the heck shot Fred Andrews?

A killer is clearly loose and running wild through the streets of Riverdale. Fred Andrews escaped his destined fate; but others haven’t been so lucky. While the community suffers, we as the audience develop fascination with each new episode. As such, many of us, especially me, have researched top fan theories on the mysterious, enigmatic killer, his (or her) motive, and reasoning behind the madness of the idea. I’m here to bestow you these theories, because I refuse to waste my Riverdale-education and Riverdale-degree. In addition, I believe these theories will blow your mind.

1. Hiram Lodge: This totally makes sense. I personally think it’s too easy. Riverdale never goes the easy route.

2. The Serpent’s River Gang: I don’t know about this one, but if so, this could open a new series of plots, plus new characters.    

3. Hal Cooper and/or Betty Cooper’s secret brother: I mean, people argue that the shooter looks EXACTLY like her father, seriously. We also know that Betty’s bro will show up this season. This argument is pretty well established, to be honest. 

4. Alice Cooper: Just a crazy psycho trying to keep Riverdale safe?!?!? 

5. Mayor McCoy: OMG I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT THIS ONE. I’m SHOOK. 

6. Sheriff Keller: We know that the gang always goes to Sheriff for help, only to receive zero answers– which raises the question, is he actually in on the violence?

7. Archie’s Mom and REAL Dad: This is the theory I stand by. Think about Fred Andrews’ dream: Archie’s mom was standing with the Blossom family, she’s a ginger and so is her son. This is NO coincidence. I believe Archie’s mom had an affair, and Fred Andrews is not Archie’s dad. Archie’s real dad and Archie’s mom are out for the kill; they want their son back, and Archie’s mom has a motive to kill. 

There are 22 episodes of Riverdale this season– Thank GOD for us, but God have mercy on the gang. They’re all in for quite the ride, and I’ll be there every step of the way, keeping a careful eye on which of these theories play out.

Lover of words, food, Florence, and the Sopranos.