absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

“Snacks” in the City: Laduree SoHo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

A little sliver of Paris tucked into the heart of SoHo, if you’re looking for a sweet snack with style while in New York City, Laduree SoHo checks all the boxes. A Parisian style tea room (relatively) close to home depending on where you attend school, this chic little place is a real hidden gem worth taking a visit to.

Perfect for a Sunday morning visit to the city, you can get your sugar fix at Laduree. The atmosphere of the bakery is unlike any other you’ll find in New York City, and that’s part of why it is so memorable. Simply seeing the light green storefront across the street, I knew what was inside was sure to be, for lack of better words, “magical,” and the reality exceeded my expectations. The pop of color in the usually grey cityscape helped the shop stand out, and stepping foot inside transports you to Paris. Colorful macarons are showcased right when you walk in, and the music is elegant and sophisticated. The way the store is designed is that it is essentially several different tea rooms, and the first one that you walk into has elegant marble statues and a beautifully painted ceiling. You only have to be in there for a minute and you feel as if you are living in a different, regal era. What I personally enjoyed so much about it is that I felt like I stepped into a Jane Austen novel, and my inner Pride and Prejudice nerd absolutely loved that aspect of it!  Each of the rooms has a different vibe, however, so don’t miss the chance to walk around a little bit and admire the design of each. Nonetheless, the garden seating area is by far the prettiest, in my opinion, and having a brunch or snack in the outdoors, you feel miles away from New York City. The greenery is a welcome change of scenery from the bleak city streets and the opulence of the pastel colored cups and plates allow visitors to feel like royalty during their time at the bakery…I know that at least I did!

The bakery offers pastries as well as sandwiches, and more. While the pastries were yummy (and I tried a variety of them), if you’re looking for an authentic Laduree experience, stick with the main attraction: the macarons. Not only are they tasty but they’re small enough that you can try several flavors. Coffee, salted caramel, chocolate, rose petal, and lemon are amongst the types offered, however, there are also seasonal macarons that only come around every so often.

If you are enjoying a day in the big city but are also looking for a little escape and a place that feels removed from it all, with beautiful interiors and delicious treats, look no further: Laduree SoHo is for you.

Madison is a senior journalism student at Marist College with an affinity for all things writing, iced coffee, and Great Gatsby related. She is currently a Lifestyles & Her Future writer for Her Campus.