The Six Guys You’ll Fall For at Marist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Ladies, try as we might to avoid it, during our time here at Marist we’re going to encounter the ups and downs of love. Whether you’re dating, husband hunting or looking for love for just the night, weaving your way around the completely insane world of relationships is no easy task. To help you navigate this minefield, Her Campus has laid out the six types of Marist guys you’re sure to fall for at least once –  even if it’s in a moment of weakness. 

1. The Athlete

With such a large student athlete population, you’re bound to fall for at least one during your four years here –they’re everywhere. Your jock crush is seemingly always at practice or eating in the caf with his team, but when he’s finally free, he’s perfectly happy to lounge and watch Netflix since he’s so exhausted all the time. Just be prepared for a lot of sweatpants and compression shorts. Plus, who can resist that locker room stench?

2. The Prepster

Picture this: Vineyard Vines from head to toe. Colored pants. Button downs. Sperry’s. Did I mention Vineyard Vines? This guy either grew up on the Cape or wishes he did. Kennedy enthusiast to the max. He’s probably a business major, because this guy likes money, and that can definitely come in handy in the future. He’ll always be dressed better than you, but will be gentlemanly enough to pretend that you’re the prettier one.

3. The Nerd

The term “nerd” itself has become pretty vague. Marist has a few different niches of nerdism, so this guy is probably super involved in the music department, some sort of science or math major, or really into technology (he definitely just ordered the Apple Watch). He probably still wears cargo shorts from time to time, but bless his heart it somehow almost works for him (almost). Don’t be surprised if he can’t hang out with you because he promised to be the lighting guy for an SPC event or he has to play his trombone at the basketball game, but he’ll totally make it up to you with a Game of Thrones marathon.

4. The Diva

This guy doesn’t like to be the center of attention; he needs to be the center of attention. Total ham. Constantly peacocks. He takes longer to do his hair for a night out than you do, but it’s worth it when he’s the life of the party. Beware the next morning though; he needs his Dunkin fix STAT in order to survive. While he wouldn’t ever dare proclaim, “I can’t even right now,” sometimes inside he just can’t. Sure, he’s a show off, but he also makes a great dance partner. And don’t even get him started on karaoke –he’s sure to choose the perfect duet for you.

5. The Mayor

This guy knows everybody. Literally, everybody. You thought you knew a lot of people until you walked across campus with him. Upperclassmen, underclassmen, professors, security guards, Sodexo workers –he just said “Hi” to everyone who walked by and you half-waved at somebody you think might have been in your Econ class (but can’t be too sure). He’s probably an RA or super involved in Student Government, but what he should be doing is shaking hands with the elderly and kissing babies. It might be a little hard to keep up sometimes, but at least with Mr. Mayor you’re sure to find some campus perks, like extra planners and calendars!

6. The Hipster

He’s too kool for skool. He owns lots of hats, mostly from the beanie and snapback departments. He has a tattoo, but nothing tribal, his ink means something. His style borders on homeless and trendy. He probably skates or surfs (or let’s be realistic, both). He spends his free time chillin’ and making awesome vids with his GoPro. He’s not the most typical Marist guy, and that’s why the rebel in you likes him. But he’s definitely the most interesting guy you’ll fall for, although sometimes you just won’t want to be seen with him when he’s wearing that heinous GoodWill shirt. 

*Disclaimer: Many of the boys at Marist will fall under several of these classifications. They are suffering from what is known as “Basic Bro” syndrome. Side effects may include Nike mid-calves, iced coffee from Dunkin, a loathing of leg days at the gym, crushin’ beers, poor texting skills, fantasy football fervor, and occasional Hawaiian shirts. 

Photo Credit

GIF Credit

Senior at Marist College. Aspiring Writer. Avid traveler. Amateur tweeter. Lover of food, dogs, and all things comedic. Professional smarty-pants. Part-time goofball. Proud fan of alliteration.