5 Reasons to Re-watch That ‘70s Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

1. The Theme Song

The theme song to That ‘70s Show is truly one of the greatest theme songs of all time. The song is called In the Street, and the band Cheap Trick performs it. It’s the perfect theme song to sing along to, and definitely one you won’t skip through on Netflix.

2. Eric Forman is so Relatable

The nerdy teen loves popsicles, Star Wars, and napping. Most importantly, he knows he is a disappointment to his father, Red Forman.

3. The Gang’s Relationship

Eric, Hyde, Fez, Michael, Donna, and Jackie are the ultimate friend group. Eric always loans out his basement as the group’s hangout headquarters, where they sit around the table, and, well, hangout. The group may stab each other in the back and steal each other’s girlfriends sometimes, but at the end of the day they can always find their way back to each other at Forman’s basement.

4. Red and Kitty Forman

Kitty and Red are the (mostly) loving parents of Eric Forman. Red is a veteran of the Korean War, and is pretty hard on his sometimes-wimpy son. His most used threat against Eric—kicking his foot up his ass—is a fan favorite. Kitty Forman is a hospital nurse and always means well for her son. Kitty’s laughter is a show signature.

5. The Forman Sibling Rivalry

Eric and Laurie have your typical sibling rivalry, though their insults to each other may be amplified a bit.

Now go! All eight seasons of the show are on Netflix waiting for you to press play!

A Cleveland, Ohio native, Kaitlin is a senior English Major at Loyola Marymount University.