This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LIM chapter.

“Hmm I want to look cute today but I don’t feel like trying at the same time.” Every day these thoughts run through my head and I think, “Hey, a cute top with some jeans will do me justice.” This ensures that I still look great and will feel comfy throughout the day.

Jeans are timeless and you can find them in almost everyone’s closet. When it comes down to it, denim really is a staple piece. With every new trend coming and going, jeans have always made a comeback. From boyfriend jeans to boot cut, from skinny to high-rise the possibilities are endless to fit your mood and body type (With that being said, please don’t bring back JNCO jeans).

It seems like there are jeans are made for every body type, from curvy to slim. Want a bigger booty? Try jeans with smaller back pockets, Kim K in a flash. Want to look slimmer? Black high-rise jeans will do the trick. Feeling like a 70’s goddess? A pair of boot cut jeans with some heeled booties and you’ll look like you just walked out of Woodstock (even though Woodstock was in 69’).

Jeans are magical if you ask me, or the girls in Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants for that matter. No matter who you are, what body type you have, denim will always have the power to boost your confidence. They have a way of accentuating your figure and still keeping you feeling comfy. Then again, some jeans don’t really cut it. I have longer legs, somewhat of a butt and wide hips, so finding jeans to fit me perfectly can be tough, and finding a pair of jeans that make me look like a VS model is well worth the struggle. But, if we are being honest, the fact that jeans give me the excuse not to shave my legs is always a plus.

With fall right around the corner, denim is at its peak in the fashion world, it’s definitely time to throw the shorts away and dust off those mom jeans you bought over the summer for half off.

My current favorite 2017 denim trend is two-tone high rise jeans!

These are from American Eagle and will cost you $54.95, but they’re currently on sale for $19.99, so act fast!

Fashion Merchandising Major at LIM College | NYC
I am a third year student at LIM College studying Marketing with a concentration in cosmetics. I currently intern for ELLE Magazine and I love taking aesthetically pleasing pictures for my instagram! Follow me here: @niicoleheaney