Starting Second Semester Off On The Right Foot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

Welcome back, Lehigh ladies! I’m sure we can all agree that first semester definitely flew by. After a nice long winter break filled with catching up on some much-needed sleep and relaxing, the last thing on your mind, I’m sure, is schoolwork. But, I am going to share some helpful tips to make sure that you can easily get back into the swing of things.
  1. Get textbooks for cheap.

Most college courses require that all students buy certain textbooks and other supplies. Since every student is enrolled in multiple courses, the costs of each can definitely add up. Instead of buying your books from the campus bookstore for high prices, there are other more budget-friendly options for you to consider. First, ask around to see if anyone has an old textbook that they would be willing to sell you for a discounted price. You can check different Facebook groups to see if anyone has posted offers. Second, go to Amazon.com. I can almost guarantee that you will find the textbook you are looking for here, and for very reduced prices. Keep in mind that saving some money now can help you out in the long run!  

1. Make a schedule.

Starting something new can be tough for anyone, especially college students. In order to make sure that your days are planned out correctly, and you always know where you should be, a schedule is necessary. By physically seeing how many classes you will have each day, and what times they are, you can begin to get used to your new routine. By visualizing your days, you can figure out when the best times to study are, or even the best time to go to the gym. Trust me, a schedule will come in handy!

1. Use a planner.

Many of us seem to think that our brains alone can handle all the assignments that professors throw at us. But, this method isn’t foolproof. A planner is one of the most important items you should have in your school bag. By writing down all of your assignments, you are guaranteed to remember all the small details your professor says. Once you complete an assignment, you can cross it off in your planner and feel satisfied that the day’s work has been completed.

1. Meet your professors.

As a college student, you will undoubtedly end up in a few large lectures throughout your years. While it seems hard not to just be another face in the crowd, there are ways to make your presence worthwhile. It can be a good idea to write your professors an e-mail or go up and introduce yourself at the beginning of the semester so that you make a good first impression. When grades are due, a professor is more likely to boost your grade if they know your name and saw that you were interested in the course!