This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

1. What is the objective of Eco-Reps?

The Eco-Rep program is a peer-to-peer education program focused on training student leaders to embody and promote sustainable living in residential halls and Greek houses.

2. What is your club’s role on campus?

Through engaging and educational programs, Eco-Reps foster sustainable behavior in our student body. Each Eco-Rep plans and holds sustainability-centered educational programming in their residential hall or Greek house. Some events that have been held in the past include ceramic mug decorating and make-n-take reusable cups and hand towels. 

We also hold several campus-wide events every semester. This semester, we participated in the national RecycleMania competition, held a Recycling Day Challenge at a Lehigh Women’s basketball game, hosted Green Thursday Night Trivia, kept the Gym Open Late, and also held several events in which we rewarded students for sustainable behavior such as using a reusable water bottle or mug and recycling. 

This month is Earth Day Celebration Month and we are hosting our 2nd Annual Trashion Show on April 16th, which is an exciting fashion show of outfits made from trash. Eco-Reps will also be at the Earth Day Fair on April 22nd, don’t forget to stop by!

3. Why should students join your club? And how?

Being a part of Eco-Reps is truly something special because you are able to make change on our campus and see it happen first-hand. Our Eco-Reps are given the freedom and responsibility of planning and hosting the events for their residence halls and Greek houses. Our Eco-Reps can choose to focus on the problems they feel are important, such as energy conservation, recycling, water conservation, and waste reduction. The first step to promoting sustainable behavior is educating those around us about how and why. Through our peer-education focused club, we are able to tackle the common struggles of living a sustainable lifestyle.

If anyone is interested in learning more about Eco-Reps and how they can join, feel free to send us a email at ecoreps@lehigh.edu.

4. Where can students find out more about your club?

We are on Facebook and Twitter! Follow us!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lehigh.ecoreps

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LUEcoReps

Hey, I'm Tori and I'm from Long Island, NY. I'm a sophomore double majoring in marketing and management and I am a sister of Kappa Alpha Theta.