Le Laf 150: Do’s and Don’ts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

Do: know where you are staying and how you are getting to the game

Whether you are driving to your friend’s house and leaving your car there or taking a Lehigh bus, please don’t try and figure it out Saturday morning. Plan how you will get there and how you will get back in advance.

Don’t: drive back Saturday night if you were drinking all day

Sure there will be a few hours between your mimosa and after the game, but regardless a DUI is not what you want on your transcript or police record. If you were planning to return Saturday night and miss the buses or need a hotel, remember Transbridge has buses that leave by the hour from Port Authority.

Do: bring your id, cash, and a charger.

Make sure to bring cash, your drunk self who doesn’t want to wait for the subway from the Bronx will thank you when you have to pay for that expensive cab and if you want to buy Lehigh merchandise at the game. Bring your id to check into your hotel or prove your age and bring a charger so in case your phone dies and you lose your friends you won’t be totally helpless.

Don’t: forget your ticket

Please, I beg you don’t be that kid who gets to New York and is at the game only to realize his ticket is sitting on your desk in lower cents. Those tickets were valuable and are the only way you are getting in because I am sure Yankee security isn’t going to accept a picture of your ticket as form of entrance.

Do: dress warmly

That spirit jersey and J. Crew quilted vest are not going to cut it. It is supposed to be 36 degrees, so go to the bookstore and stock up: gloves, hats, whatever. Stay warm, that minimal beer blanket will only last you probably the first quarter, if that.

Don’t: go past your limits

This is not Le Laf at home. Big difference: you won’t get cited, you will get arrested. Yes brownies will be at the game, but so will NYC cops. Here are a few reasons you really don’t want to get in trouble: you won’t be able to rush, you won’t go abroad, you will lose your license in PA for 3 months, ARD, crime log, and more. Basically have fun, but know when to stop.

And most of all HAVE FUN! We are pretty damn lucky to be students during this once in a lifetime event, seriously our two tiny schools playing in the longest consecutively run rivalry is worth some bragging rights. So figure out your plans, bring your ticket, tell your parents to record the game at home so you can look for yourself on TV during thanksgiving break, and above all else

BEAT LAFAYETTE.

McKenzie is currently a junior at Lehigh with a double major in International Relations and Spanish with a business minor. She loves being co-president of HC Lehigh and hopes to continue spreading the word about Her Campus all over Lehigh's campus.