Guide to Themed Parties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

As the #10 party school in the country, Lehigh clearly knows how to have fun. Lehigh students pride themselves on going out at least 5 nights a week and still managing to get decent grades in their classes.  Clearly, we take the motto “work hard, play hard” quite literally here.

But after a while, parties can get boring and repetitive—especially when it’s the same old sweaty frat basements each night. So, in an effort to spice things up, sororities and fraternities have themed parties. When there’s a good theme, it can turn an ordinary night into an unforgettable one. In a recent survey, Lehigh students voted for their favorite themes…and the results are in:

Fall 2013 Best Theme Parties (in no particular order):

Toga: A classic. Based off of the famous scene from the movie Animal House, a toga themed party is a favorite by everyone. It is fun and easy to dress up for: all you need is a white sheet and some string/rope to tie it together. It is essential that everyone attend at least one toga party during their 4 years at college.

America: Patriotism at its finest. Who doesn’t like an excuse to drink and celebrate the great red, white and blue?

Athletes vs. Mathletes: The stereotypical battle between the nerds and the jocks. Girls tend to go for the “mathlete” look, complete with rimless glasses and high socks, whereas guys usually stick to being the “athlete”.

Wacky Wednesday: Basically, it’s MoCo’s at night. What could be better? We all know how much Lehigh loves MoCo’s, so there are definitely no dull outfits here.

Throwback Thursday: Everyone loves a good #tbt. This theme is fun because you can dress up in practically anything, as long as it’s from the past. It’s an excuse to get creative and show off your wittiness.

Call on Me: A 90’s aerobic workout theme based off of the song “Call on Me” by Eric Prydz. Just watch the music video…it says it all: