Amy Mazius and Randi Tutelman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

This week our Lehigh’s campus celebrities are Amy Mazius, a junior from Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Randi Tutelman, a senior from Manhattan, New York. Together they started an up and coming fashion company called Eleanor Kalle. Both Amy and Randi major in design. Randi has a minor in entrepreneurship and Amy has a minor in fine art.

Although Amy and Randi initially did not know what they wanted to do, they knew they wanted to do it together. They eventually decided to pursue something jewelry and accessory related. The idea originated when they were working on a lamp with some ribbon and hardware store chain for one of Randi’s design classes. From there, the first Chain Scarf was created. As they started wearing them, they thought it would be a great product to start off their company.

Currently they are focusing on perfecting their first product, the Chain Scarf. It’s a blend of handpicked vintage scarves, hardware store metal, and a special nut that goes on each one. It can be worn in tons of ways–belt, purse strap, headband, necklace, etc!

They are moving forward in developing their second featured product, tentatively called the Ghost Chain. It’s a bit lighter and daintier than the first product, but it definitely still has an edge.

The development of Eleanor Kalle has been an on-going process since last fall. They officially became a Limited Liability Corporation in the past few months and filed for a patent for some of their ideas (which is now pending). But at the same time, it’s been in the works for 21 years, as Randi and Amy both pull their ideas from a culmination of all their past experiences, travels, and creativity.

Amy and Randi want to continue to establish themselves as a high-end lifestyle brand. They feel that success is on an individual level–if their product can complete an outfit or help an Eleanor Kalle girl express herself through their accessories they have done their job. “We want to always stay playful and have fun with what we do, because that’s really what fashion, design, and wearable art is all about!”

Randi and Amy have a four credit independent study for Eleanor Kalle Limited Liability Corporation. There are days where they will be together from 9 am to 9 pm, allotting some time for talking business over a meal they cook together. “Working together goes beyond meetings and lists; we like to spend time together going back and forth from work and play.”

They take inspiration from vintage material, and are heavily connected to the softness and sentimental value in a scarf. Eleanor was Amy’s great grandmother’s name. Eleanor also means “soft,” which was fitting for their aesthetic. Kalle is a new girl they created to juxtapose Eleanor’s girliness. The name means “strong,” perfectly matching the hardware store metal used in their scarves. Kalle represents edginess and playfulness while Eleanor omits classic and cool.

If interested in learning more about Amy and Randi’s start up fashion company check out the Eleanor Kalle Limited Liability Corporation facebook page!