Dining out Blog: Prosecco and Scones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

A few weekends ago a friend and I decided to try out this cosy little tea room that I had previously stumbled across whilst doing a spot of shopping. This hidden gem could easily be missed as it is tucked away in a tiny shopping centre called the Grand Arcade opposite the Belgrave Music Hall.

All I can say is that this place is to die for! On the outside of the tea room, next to the door, they have a basket full of hot water bottles that you can take inside with you to keep yourself toasty warm! The interior of the place is like walking into a time warp, it’s a vintage overload! 

I walked into the Tea Room expecting everything to be really overpriced but I was pleasantly surprised at how cheap everything was. My friend and I both got a scone each which was only £1.95 and we decided to push the boat out and treat ourselves to a glass of Prosecco, which to our advantage was buy one get one free, working out at £2.25 each! (This offer is on everyday 4pm-5pm) Bargain!

The menu is great at Just Grand and there are so many cute little things to choose from! The Kinder Bueno Ice Cream Milkshake (£2.50) definitely caught my eye and I will be trying this one on my next visit! Also I would recommend that if there is a big group of you going, you should get the Afternoon Tea package which is priced at a reasonable £11.95 and includes sandwiches, scones, cake, cheese, and unlimited tea and coffee! However I would say that if you are planning this then book a table in advance as it’s quite a popular place and you really don’t want to miss out!

There is also another menu with a huge range of teas, such as Pear Caramel and Mayan Chocolate Truffle! Perfect for the tea lovers!

Of course we had to take a selfie! 

I can’t praise this place enough as it is such a different experience for such a low price, and it is right on our doorsteps! Perfect for taking your mums, grandmas and aunties when they come to visit, I know I will be definitely taking mine! 

Images

All my own apart from the menu: http://www.fun-keyfunctions.co.uk/190-2/