You Are a Nugget: The Final Countdown

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Hey nugs and nuggettes! It’s that wonderful time of year again where you stress out about big tests and projects and feel like you might just fall apart! Hooray for finals week!

It certainly isn’t easy getting through finals, but you’ve just got to do it. So here is a countdown of all the things you should do to make your finals week as successful and minimally stressful as possible.

1. SLEEP 

I know it is super tempting to stay up all night cramming for a test or putting the finishing touches on your 15 page religion paper. But you have GOT to sleep. If you don’t get enough sleep, you’re going to feel run down and that very rarely translates well onto tests. Think of sleep as your significant other: too much time together is unhealthy, but you’ve got to see each other occasionally to keep the relationship (or in this case, your body) going. 

2. Plan out your days

Your life is going to be a whole lot easier if you make a plan of attack. Block out when you’re going to study and when you’ll finish certain assignments. Use your plan to keep yourself focused and on track. This way, you won’t feel like you’re running around trying to get everything accomplished at once. 

3. Take Netflix breaks (with caution) 

Watch a short episode of something in-between assignments to help yourself feel less overwhelmed. It’s ok to relax and let your mind unwind for a little while. But you have to be careful with this because you could find yourself a whole season into Friends with nothing done. 

4. Eat comfort foods

You’ll have plenty of time to work of anything you eat during your month off from school. So indulge a little. Eating the food that makes you happy will keep those good vibe endorphins running through your system and help you tackle those tests. 

5. Make a study group 

Get together with some people you know need to study the same things that you do. Study buddies help lessen your burden. They might remember something that you don’t and can save you the trouble of flipping through your gigantic textbook looking for answers. Spending time with other people will also keep you from feeling like you’re isolated from the world and might bring you some laughter. 

6. Celebrate! 

Once you’ve finished all of your finals, reward yourself for all of your hard work. This can help you motivate yourself for the next round of finals…because unfortunately they’re going to come around again. 

Brooke is a junior Communications major with an Arts Administration minor. She has a concentration in journalism and a strong interest in PR. Brooke's everyday life consists of trying to make other people feel good, drooling over One Direction, and making Harry Potter references.
Songwriter. Lover of music, food, and man buns.