Valentine’s Day: Single Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Listen I get it. Valentine’s Day sucks. This is no typical weekend – everyone puts extra pressure on this day. Pressure to plan something romantic, pressure to find a date or even the pressure to be happy while you’re single. I’m here to tell you that this holiday doesn’t have to be as much of a letdown as you think.

Make Valentine’s Day about you!

You have been working hard so far this semester you deserve some R & R- go out to dinner with some friends or buy something nice for yourself. The whole point is to show yourself some appreciation and enjoy yourself. Give out some self love: it’s free! You don’t need a SO (significant other) to have fun on this day!

Go and see Fifty Shades of Grey

I’m sure most of you are already planning on going but if not then grab a few girlfriends and head to the movie theater! This movie has been hyped over the past year or so and I am excited to see it. Check out what all the fuss is about and see this steamy movie. Even if you’re not into it you always go for some laughs.

All-Star Weekend

If you’re into basketball then you just got lucky! All-Star weekend falls on the same weekend as V Day. If you’re not into sports, All-Star weekend is a festival held by the NBA which hosts games and contests to showcase the newest and most talented players in the league. On Friday there is a celebrity game with Kevin Hart, Ansel Elgort and Nick Cannon among the celebrities on ESPN at 7 pm. The weekend concludes with the All-Star Game at 8:30 pm on TNT.

Movie Night

No matter what day a movie marathon is good time. Make the most of Valentine’s Day and check out Netflix for these movies for a great day with friends or by yourself! There’s a little something for everyone so have fun and enjoy!

The Interview

Anchorman 2

Holes

Lilo & Stitch

Freaky Friday

Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion

Coming to America

The Stepford Wives

This is your guide to having an enjoyable V Day without an SO. Plus candy will be 70% off on Sunday so take the Target bus and stock up on chocolate for the rest of the semester. Remember to make the most of this weekend and enjoy yourself!

Inez Timberger is currently one of two Campus Correspondents for HC Le Moyne! She is studying Communications with a strong focus in film and TV. Inez's life consists of everything pop culture and Netflix. She is also a part of LCTV, a student run TV news program, and Le Moyne Makes Movies. Inez enjoys fashion, makeup and healthy stuff. 
Asiana Smith is a Communications Major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Sociology.