Valentine Day Edition: Campus Cutie Couple: Taylor Ingram and Thomas Barber ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Campus Cutie:Couples EDITION: Taylor Ingram and Tommy Barber ’15

Taylor Class: 2015

Tommy’s Class: 2015

Taylor’s Hometown: Dansville, NY 

Tommy’s Hometown: Chaumont, NY

Taylor’s Major: Biology

Tommy’s Major: Biology

Taylor’s Zodiac Sign: Libra   

Tommy’s Zodiac Sign: Leo

Been together for _Two_years and __One__ month

How did you meet?

At the Halloween dance freshmen year, we were both looking for a mutual friend and ended up hanging out together the whole night.

What attracted you to her/him?

Taylor: We had a great time together at the Halloween dance, and even more fun hanging out the days following! Doesn’t hurt that he’s really cute too ;)

Tommy: Well to be honest, Taylor attracted me at first due to her looks but after I got the guts to talk to her I found out she was awesome.   Then I was hooked.

How do you handle the distance over break?

It’s tough when we first go on break because we have to adjust from seeing each other every day to living three hours apart. We try to visit each other as often as we can, which is always really fun because we don’t have to worry about schoolwork while we go on fun dates and hang out with our families.  We also make an effort to talk on the phone or Skype when we can.

Was it love at first sight?

Taylor: I was definitely attracted to him at first sight…I fell in love the first time he played the guitar and sang for me!

Tommy: I was instantly attracted to Taylor.  I was in love after the Halloween dance.  I knew I had to have her so I used the guitar to reel her in ;)

What’s your big peeve about each other?

Taylor: Tommy’s love for music often turns into constant drumming on any surface he can get his hands on. As much as his rhythm impresses me, I can’t do homework with the background noise and shaking table! Lol

Tommy: My biggest pet peeve about Taylor is when she doesn’t realize how beautiful she really is.  Corny I know but it really bugs me hahaha

What your favorite thing about each other?

Taylor: The list could honestly go on for days, but one of my absolute favorite things about Tommy is how kind hearted he is. He truly cares about everyone he encounters, and I’m so lucky to have someone like that in my life!

Tommy:  I love Taylor’s sense of adventure.  She is always up for trying new things and we both share a travel bug which is awesome.  I can’t wait to see the world with her.  She is also so caring, thoughtful, and compassionate not only to me but to everyone in her life.  She is an amazing young woman with tons of potential and I’m so lucky to have her.

Where do you see this relationship going?

Taylor: Tommy and I both aspire to go to medical school once we graduate from Le Moyne, and I think our relationship is going to be a huge part of helping us excel in such a tough doctoral program. He’s definitely one of my biggest cheerleaders.

Tommy:  Taylor and I both have huge dreams.  We both aspire to be doctors so we have a long road ahead of us.  Having her always there for me definitely eases my nerves when I think about the big leap that I am about to take in my life.  I hope that we can achieve our dreams and also see the world.

Where was your first kiss?

Taylor: Mary’s 416. 

Tommy: So if any of you people reading this live in that room just know it’s full of magic.

How did you guys become official?

Taylor: It was really adorable…he looked at me one night and said “You know what you should do?” I responded, “What?” and he said “Be my girlfriend.” Precious, right?

Tommy: What she said.

What are your plans for V-day?

Taylor: We are going to dinner and a movie on Valentine’s Day, and Tommy bought me tickets to the Eli Young Band and Darius Rucker concert at Turning Stone for Saturday!

Tommy: Yes I bought her those tickets, I know I’m the best.  Taylor and I are going on a fun date but I don’t know what she got me… it’s a surprise!

Happy Valentine’s Day!!

Asiana Smith is a Communications Major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Sociology.