TBT Red Carpet Recap: The Met Gala 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

The Met Gala was last week. The fashion hits and misses were beyond mind blowing, but here are our favorite looks from the infamous staircase!

Most Timeless Look

Emma Watson absolutely slayed! She glided up the steps in a stunning Calvin Klein dress/pants combo and made us fall in love with her all over again. Emma gets best dressed in our books, hands down.

Most Dapper Dude

Ivory was a popular color for the guys at the Met Gala, but Jared Leto stole the show! Leto showed up with a cane… it doesn’t get more dapper than that!

Favorite Futuristic Couple

It was a hard competition between Zayn & Gigi and Kim & Kanye, but when it comes down to the exhibition, “Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology,” which controlled the theme of the evening, Kim and Kanye stole the show. The couple took their looks to the extreme; Kim with her dramatic eye and light brow combo and Kanye with his bright blue contacts. Kim especially looked like she stepped out of the film Tron in her Balmain dress.

Sexiest Futuristic Dominatrix

Lady Gaga has been killing the red carpets this past award season. Mother Monster brought back vintage Gaga for the Met Gala, and we’re not hating it. She sported voluminous waves with a Versace body suit paired with an embellished jacket. Did you see her shoes?! Slay Mother Monster, Slay!

Fierce In Feathers

Rita Ora looked AMAZING in her Vera Wang gown! She gave us booty, side boob, and curves for days! Move over Black Swan, the Silver Swan is taking over.

Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend

Someone who stole the show without looking chromed-out was Poppy Delevingne. Delevingne looked like she walked right out of Gatsby and into the Met Gala… and we are living for it! Her vampy makeup paired with her long, straight, platinum locks was the icing on the cake.

Favorite Sibling Moment

Once again Jaden and Willow Smith show they’re mature beyond their years. The two put on a united front as they ascended the stairs to the ball. Jaden rocked Louis Vuitton while sister Willow sported Chanel. The Smith kids have proven time and time again that they’ve got style and the Met Gala was no exception.

(Photos Courtesy of Fashionista, Popsugar, Vogue, Eonline, Billboard, Fashionberry)
A tattoo loving, social media addict with a slight coffee addiction. Stay caffeinated.
Inez Timberger is currently one of two Campus Correspondents for HC Le Moyne! She is studying Communications with a strong focus in film and TV. Inez's life consists of everything pop culture and Netflix. She is also a part of LCTV, a student run TV news program, and Le Moyne Makes Movies. Inez enjoys fashion, makeup and healthy stuff.