Spring Time Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Spring is the calmest season the year. The window curtains are open, the birds are singing and the best time to hang out with friends or loved ones. But how to show this rejoice spring feeling? A change of lighter clothes and hair is easy to do, but how about your make up? Well, it’s time to get rid of those dark colored makeup and brighten your face with some lovely spring colors to bring out the natural, beautiful you!

Pink and Peachy eyes

Pink and peach colors are one way to brighten your looks and are beautiful, natural looking colors to wear.

Materials needed: MAC eye shadow “Free to be” bright coral eye shadow (pink peach color), eye shadow primer, MAC eye shadow “Hush” light pink eye shadow, MAC eye shadow “Shadow Lady” an eggplant (deep purple) eye shadow,  MAC “Soft brown” light brown eye shadow, Black Liquid eyeliner, Black Pencil eyeliner, Mascara, False lashes.

*Viewers are not subjected into buy the exact brand on this tutorial, they may use whatever brand they are comfortable with*

Video “Spring Time Makeup Tutorial, Pink Peach Makeup Look” by bridgetsidway http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiFn4tcfnsA

1. First, you use the eye shadow primer and apply to your eyelids, upper and lower.
  2. Then, use “free to be” eye shadow (pink peach color) and an eye shadow brush to pack the color all over eyelid. Be sure to start in the center bringing it down to the inner.
  3. Next, use “Hush” (light pink eye shadow) and apply on the inner part of the eye and blend with the “free to be” shadow.
  4. After, use “shadow lady” eggplant color and apply it on the outside of the eyelids and blend it. Apply a little bit on the lash line and in the crease area just above the “free to be” color.
  5. Next, use “soft brown” eye shadow and apply it to the crease area blending/diffusing the colors.
  6. Then, use black liquid eye liner to line the top and bottom corner of the eyes. *in the video the person is drawing “cat eyes”, this method is up to the viewer if they want to do this”
  7. To intensify the eyeliner, use the black eye liner pencil and apply it to the water line area both top and bottom including the tear duct area.
  8. Lastly, apply fake lashes at any length of your choice.

Spring Sunrise

This look was inspired by the sunrise in the spring using yellow and brown in a gorgeous way.

Materials Needed: NYX eye shadow base, Painterly paint pot base, brown eye brow pencil, concealer, MAC Chrome Yellow eye shadow, MAC Sunny Spot (light green( eye shadow, MAC Paradisco (peachy color) eye shadow, NYX Deep Brown eye shadow, MAC Duo m=Mineralize “It’s a Miracle’ gold eye shadow. Foundation, NYX Berry Blush, and MAC PlushGlass pink gloss.

Video “Fancy Spring Sun Rise Make-Up Tutorial” by StayFancyIncTV  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRKIBUTlZtk

1. Make sure your face is moisturized and then apply NYX eye shadow primer on both top and bottom eyelids
  2. Use Painterly paint pot as a base eye shadow all over the top and bottom eyelid.
  3. Then, use an eye brown eye brow pencil but stay in your brow form and blend out (using a brow brush) for a natural look.
  4.  Use your favorite concealer to define you brows by apply over your brows and blending the concealer in.
  5. Using MAC Chrome Yellow and a medium eye shadow brush, apply the yellow color to the tear duct area to the middle of your eyelids
  6. Then use MAC Sunny Spot (light green color) and apply to the middle of the eyelid.
  7. Use the MAC Paradisco (peachy color) and apply on the outer corner of eyelid and the crease area.
  8. Next, NYX Deep Brow eye shadow and apply mainly to the crease to create a smokey affect.
  9. Use MAC Duo Mineralize It’s a Miracle eye shadow gold for its glitter and then apply the eye shadow in the center of the eyelid.
  10. For the lower lash line apply the yellow and then the peach color shadow from the inner corner going out. Then use the Dark Brown eye shadow apply after the peach color on the lash line
  11. Dusk away any harsh edges or fall outs.
  12. Using a black eye liner, apply to your water line and then use mascara for the top and lower lashes.
  13. Apply foundation evenly and slowly all over your face
  14. Apply NYX Berry Blush on cheek going towards your temple.
  15. Lastly, apply MAC PlushGlass pink lipgloss

Camlyn will be a senior at Le Moyne college in the Fall of 2012. She's majoring in Communications with a concentration in Print Journalism and is a Creative Writing minor. As an NYC native, Camlyn indulges in anything that involes fashion and daily lifestyles. She aspires to be something like the modern day Carrie Bradshaw, as a magazine journalist for one of her favorite magazines. She has interned with Mercedes Sanchez, founder of her own fashion and beauty blog, BeChicMag.com and ELLE Magazinge. Along with being a HC Correspondent, Camlyn is the PR representative to the Latino based club on campus, El Progreso.More than anything, Camlyn is just super excited to be a part of the HC team! <33