This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

With spring comes warmer weather, flowers, and sunshine, factors that contribute to a perfect day (or night) of romance with your significant other. But it can be a little hard to think of creative ideas for dates, and here’s where these fun ideas come in.

1. Picnic-Pick a warm, clear day, grab a big blanket you won’t mind getting dirty, and plan a fun meal with your boy/girlfriend. Have fun planning the menu, whether it be a 5 course Italian dinner or good ol’ peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

2. Star-gazing-It’s usually harder to plan fun dates at night, unless you’re going the old fashioned dinner and a movie route. So be a little unorthodox and find a clear spot in the countryside where you can easily see the stars. Snuggle up under a blanket and enjoy the built-in romance that comes from starlight on a warm spring night.

3. Hiking-If you’re on outdoorsy couple, throw on your hiking boots and hit the trails. Make it a day trip, find a challenging course you’ve never tried before, and make a competition out of seeing who can get to the top first. Or, if you’re more low-key, just stroll along hand in hand and enjoy the scenery. Either way, be sure to pack plenty of water and healthy snacks.

4. Ball Game-It’s baseball season! Break out the caps and foam fingers and have fun rooting for your favorite team. You can watch your college team from the comfort of your own campus, or spring for tickets to a major league game you’ve both been dying to see.
19. Junior at Le Moyne College. Obsessed with wine, friends, fun, and food.