New Music: Sevyn Streeter – 4th Street

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

I love this woman! Sevyn is an idol of mine. Not only is she a hitmaker for herself, she’s one of the best song writers of this generation. Some of Sevyn’s co-writes include, “The Way” by Ariana Grande,  and “With You”, “Yeah 3x”, and “Fine China”, all by Chris Brown. Sevyn lit up the charts with her EP, Call Me Crazy, But…, and made herself an R&B star. I’ve seen her live and not only does she have the voice of an angel, she’s basically a professional dancer. Can you imagine the fun dance battles Sevyn and Chris have when they take breaks from writing bangers? Anyway, Sevyn just released a new single off of her upcoming debut album, On The Verge

4th Street” is all about the people that don’t change when you become famous. In the new video, Sevyn goes back to her home town and everyone from family to childhood friends make an appearance. The song gives off such a Michael Jackson vibe, which both she and Chris clearly influenced by. Also, the background vocals give me so much life. Just press play! 

Songwriter. Lover of music, food, and man buns.
Asiana Smith is a Communications Major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Sociology.