Music Monday According to Val: Travis Garland

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

I’m back again ladies to start off the Monday right with some new music for you all! Today’s artist will be singer & Texan hottie Travis Garland.

Now some of you maybe thinking who is that? But 23-year-old Travis is no new artist, he actually has been around since 2007 when he was in a boyband NLT. Does that ring a bell for anyone?

Travis was with NLT for a short while before the group split in 2009 and the members all went their own ways, but Travis jumped back right into music and became a solo artist.  He primarily does covers on Youtube where he puts his own unique twists to a bunch of popular songs.  His Youtube page has been a hit with over 11 million views and over 100,000 subscribers. Aside from his amazing covers, Travis also writes his own music and his suave songs have garnered a huge fan base of girls swooning over him.  Travis can do it all,he also is a dancer and he self-manages his career and is signed to and working with the group The Stereotypes.

His soft voice is not only sexy but his tone also resembles that of Justin Timberlake, and his music is mainly edgy R&B. His songs are so soothing and are similar to that of Frank Ocean and The Weeknd.  Last year in October, Travis released his first EP, Fashionably Late Vol. I.  Since then,Garland has been busy on tour selling out his live band show at well known venues like The Roxy and SOB’s in NYC. More recently he just released his self-titled album just over two months ago on September 10.  My two personal favorites are “ Motel Poool” and “Easy”.  Trust me when I say this kid is definitely going places and I’m sure after you give his album a try, his suave voice will have you ladies falling over heels!

Check out his new music and his tour dates at:

www.Travisgarland.com

www.youtube.com/TravisGarlandM…

www.twitter.com/travisgarland