Jessie J- Ain’t Been Done

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Jessica Allen Cornish, also known as Jessie J, is not only one of my favorite artists, but possibly the most underrated superstar within the last decade. Jessie’s first American hit was “Party in the USA” , written by her and performed by Miley Cyrus. On her own, she scored one of 2011’s biggest hits, “Price Tag” featuring B.o.B, and blew us all away again in 2012 with “Domino”. I say Jessie is underrated and unappreciated in America because when you think of divas, people like Beyonce, Rihanna, and maybe Ariana Grande come across your mind, not Jessie. I’m telling you now, none of those women are on the level of Jessie J. I’ve never seen a female perform the way she does, ever. She doesn’t have backup dancers, it’s just her and the music. She’s a fireball, take a look here. Her voice is on another level compared to anyone making music right now. Not only is her range crazy, she’s super soulful and does mesmerizing things with her unique voice (watch her acoustic performance of Bang Bang here). Jessie is gearing up for the release of her third album, Sweet Talker. “Bang Bang” was the first single and yet another new track off of the album called “Ain’t Been Done” was released today. It’s melodically complex and I love the all over the place-ness of it. Check out Jessie J’s new anthem, “Ain’t Been Done” below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2i-yIapM5s

Songwriter. Lover of music, food, and man buns.