New Music: Allie X- Catch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Review:

A week ago, while I began trolling twitter, Katy Perry tweeted a link to a song that she called her “spring jam”. I’m a huge fan of Katy’s music, so naturally I trusted her opinion and clicked the link. The singer, songwriter, and producer Allie X has a familiar but unique sound. The album artwork for “Catch” reminded me of GaGa, yet her sound is a mix of GaGa (her diction in the verses) and the band CHVCHES (the beginning synth). I love music that is a mix of different genres, and can be interpreted/listened to in different ways because of all the elements. Allie X is not at all a hip-hop artist, or an EDM artist, but mixing that with pop creates a great vocal with a head-bobbing beat but also electronic and indie inflections and all that good stuff. I’m hooked on this song and “Catch” is bound to be your spring jam too!

https://soundcloud.com/alliexandra/catch-2

Songwriter. Lover of music, food, and man buns.
Asiana Smith is a Communications Major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Sociology.