The 411 on Fun Off- Campus Activities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Is there not enough to do on campus or is there nothing that interests you?  There are tons of things to do off campus that are fairly close and inexpensive.

Get ready to saddle up and experience the West in the East at The Hilltop Ranch! Your cowgirl adventure will begin at the foot hills of the Adirondack wilderness in the middle of hundreds of acres of colorful rolling hills. You will enjoy riding as well as seeing the inspiring views, deer, fox, coyotes, and other animals that all live in the area surronding the ranch. Not to mention, it’s only 20 minutes away from Le Moyne, and only $30! It is located at 3390 Eager Rd. For more information and details you can visit www.thehilltopranch.com.

The Rosamond Gifford Zoo is only 15 minutes away and it is home to over 700 animals. This zoo offers a majority of unique viewing for every guest. Plus, there are new additions to the zoo this year! There’s a new baby Patas Monkey named D.J. There’s also  new tiger triplets (two boys and a girl) named Yuri, Kuza, and Misha. And last but not least, there are new penguin chicks that are not yet named.  It would be a shame to miss meeting these new babies, especially when it’s only $4-$8! For more information and details you can visit www.rosamondgiffordzoo.org.

Syracuse Stage is only 6 minutes away and is the home of many original productions, including new plays and daring interpretations of classics and musicals. Syracuse Stage is the place to be this season as it will be holding a variety of different shows: The Turn of the Screw, The Boys Next Store, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, Caroline or Change, Red, and The Brother’s Size. For more information visit www.syracusestage.org.

For all of you collegiettes™ who love to go shopping, which I’m sure the majority of you do, you’re in luck! There are a bunch of stores waiting for you on Marshall St., only 10 minutes away! Marshall St. is technically part of Syracuse University campus, so if you’re an SU fan, like me, Manny’s is the store for you to find all of your SU apparel. There’s also J Michael Shoes, also known as heaven for girls who love fashionable shoes. For anb outfit for an upcoming party, Some Girl Boutique is the shop for you.

LSPB is also a great alternative when you do not find anything to do. Be sure to check out their upcoming events!

Junior Communications Major with a concentration in Journalism. Minors in Creative Writing, Art, English, and Business. 
Ivanna Abreu is a junior Communications major at Le Moyne College with a concentration in Advertising and minors in English and Creative Writing. She was born in the Dominican Republic, but was raised in the Bronx, NY. One of her greatest passions in life is the art of communication and how people relate and communicate with each other. Living in New York City only fostered this passion because her whole life she has been surrounded by different cultures and people. Ivanna enjoys writing and reading, specifically about human interest stories. She prides herself in having a great work ethic and unlike some she enjoys constantly being on the move and being busy. In her hands you will always find either her iPhone or coffee (or on a good day both). She also loves all things comedy and is always trying to make someone laugh.