10 Trends Men Hate and How to Wear Them

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

10 Trends Men Hate and How to Wear Them

Okay so ladies we all know there are those certain things that we LOVE to wear that our guys just HATE. Here’s a little guide on how to wear so that they’ll love what we love.

1.    Red Lipstick-Men seem to hate lipstick and anything that makes it harder for them to kiss us. My guy always complains because he doesn’t wanna get any on himself. The solution is simple! Matte lipstick gives your lips the color without the wet glossy finish. But make sure you moisturize before you use to avoid dry chapped lips.

2.   Maxi Skirts/Dresses- Apparently these dresses are too long and do not flatter anyone’s figure. Now, trust me I am the last person who should be wearing one because I am extremely short but I LOVE MAXI DRESSES. They are loose and can keep you cool without revealing too much. You should pair it with a snug fitting cardigan to counteract the looseness of dress.

3.   Beanies- According to guys, beanies look manly and cover up our hair but if you pair one with a little dress and a cardigan a beanie can look really cute!

4.   Gladiator Sandals- During the summer I literally only wear my pair of black gladiator sandals. They’re simple and can be paired with anything from a pair of shorts to a summery dress. You can also show off your pedicure!

5.   Heavy Makeup- Boys think that heavy makeup makes us look like we haven’t left our goth phase in middle school. They think that dark eyeshadow and mascara overwhelms our face, especially on pale girls! Try only doing dramatic eyeliner and mascara and leaving the dark eyeshadow out. It will bring the drama but not make the makeup super heavy and dark.

6.   Jeggings- Let me start off by saying this: JEGGINGS ARE MY LIFE. I am a short girl so pants never fit me right. That being said make sure your leggings aren’t see through or too tight. Also wear those thongs (or invisible line panties) because boys are definitely staring at your booty if you’re wearing leggings or jeggings! 

7.   Ombre- I can kinda understand why a boy would dislike ombre. I personally love it and really really wanna get it done.  My advice is to be careful about starting the color change too high and make sure that the second color isn’t too dark or too light. Make sure it looks natural!

8.   High Waisted anything- Whether we’re talking about shorts, skirts, or jeans, this style can help accentuate your hips and make your waist seem tinier.

9.   Oversized Sweaters- Oversize sweaters can be really baggy and give us no figure but here at Le Moyne (and in the cold weather) they are a must! I love to pair mine with leggings and a pair of big earrings or a pair of studs.

10.                 Open Side Shirts- I like to call these muscle shirts because they show off your arms and your torso. Major confidence points to any girl who can pull this off! Pair this  with a cute pair of shorts.

In the end, it doesn’t matter what guys think. Ladies, we can wear whatever we want. If something makes you feel amazing and gives you confidence then wear it! I wrote this article to show that we can still wear whatever we want despite our guys’ opinion. So be your own fashion icon!

*photos: Google

Inez Timberger is currently one of two Campus Correspondents for HC Le Moyne! She is studying Communications with a strong focus in film and TV. Inez's life consists of everything pop culture and Netflix. She is also a part of LCTV, a student run TV news program, and Le Moyne Makes Movies. Inez enjoys fashion, makeup and healthy stuff. 
Asiana Smith is a Communications Major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Sociology.