Who Really Is Internet Sensation ‘Yodel Boy’? (Memes Included!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, at this point who’ve probably heard of the little yodel boy who admittedly stole our hearts here at Her Campus Lasell.  HOWEVER, if you haven’t heard of the 10-year-old Internet sensation, you can find him in the full two minutes of yodeling genius here.  Mason Ramsey yodeled his little heart out to Hank Williams’ “Lovesick Blues” (might I add looking dapper as ever in a red bow tie, huge boots, a clean white button up, and a belt buckle big enough to make any cowboy jealous) in the middle of a Walmart in Harrisburg, Illinois.  I’ve seen the video, I’ve seen the memes, but the question still remains: who is this talented young boy and why was he singing in Walmart?

After a little investigating, I found out that this was not his first rodeo, and he’s actually sung in Walmart multiple times before.  On an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, he quoted “at least 50,000 times”. He says Walmart is the only store they have so he can be found there almost daily performing.  He actually learned how to yodel from his grandpa, but admitted that his grandpa “wasn’t that good”. The young boy has dreams of singing at the Grand Ole Opry and going to college (both of which DeGeneres and Walmart has made possible for him).

Now that we know a little bit of the backstory, here are some of best memes featuring our favorite, yodel boy!

Thank you yodel boy for showing me not to settle for any man until they say “sweet DaAaAaAaaAAaaaaAdy”

More from the internet sensation can be found on his YouTube channel here, and if you already can’t get his Walmart hit out of your head, there’s an even more catchy remix out there to satisfy all of your trap yodeling needs!

Madison Paloski is a senior at Lasell University studying fashion communication and promotion and graphic design.  She is currently the Editor in Chief of her school's chapter of Her Campus, an editorial stylist for POLISHED Magazine and Founder and Creative Director of the Fashion Styling and Photography Club on her campus.  She can most likely be found with an old film camera in hand, eating Chipotle, or at any local Saver's.  Her Instagram can be found at @maddiiiooyx and other work can be found at madisonpaloski.wixsite.com/portfolio.