Megan McCool on Saying Goodbye to Lasell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Megan McCool is a graduating senior at Lasell College. We were lucky enough to have her as part of the Her Campus team this year! Megan answered some questions we threw at her about her years at Lasell. We wish her the best of luck in the future and hope she comes back to visit!

• What is your major/minor?

Communications concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Hospitality / Event Management

• What are you planning on doing with your degree?

I have been hired by my internship that I have been with for over a year. I will be joining the marketing department as an Event Marketing Coordinator. 

• What was one thing you learned not regarding school during your time at Lasell?

Time is precious. Hold on to your youth as long as you can and spend time with your friends and family as much as you can.

• Favorite Lasell memory?

My favorite memory at Lasell was a weekend retreat I lead and participated in with a group of students. It was an amazing experience and I met the most amazing people that weekend. 

• Are you planning on going to grad school?

Eventually. I’ve looked into different programs that I am interested in but I have made full commitment yet.

• Where did you transfer to Lasell from?

I transferred to Lasell from Middlesex Community College in Bedford, MA

• Which professor would you recommend every student have a conversation with during their time at Lasell? (Which one is just really awesome to sit and talk to about anything and everything?)

Professor Erin Vicente in the communications department is a wonderful professor to have class with, to have a conversation with, and to ask for any type of advice. 

• What will you miss the most when you graduate?

There is so much that I will miss when I leave Lasell. The friendships I have made and being able to see everyone almost every day is what I am going to miss the most. 

• What is one thing on campus that you think everyone should experience? (Any events that are worth going to throughout the years?)

I think everyone should join clubs, more importantly Her Campus. Also, I encourage everyone to attend any event you think you would be interested in, even if your friends are not, still go, you will be so happy you did. 

• What is one thing you couldn’t have lived without while at Lasell? (Could be literally anything.)

I could not live without all, and I mean all, my clothes, shoes, and jewelry. I live about 30 minutes from Lasell, yet still felt the need to have everything with me.

• If you could pick a song to describe your years here at Lasell, what would it be?

Fearless – Taylor Swift

• Is there a course you recommend people not to take?

No specific course, but do not take something just for the credit or because you know someone in it. Take classes you like and want to take.

• What was your most embarrassing moment at Lasell?

Going to the wrong class when I first came to Lasell

• What have you been involved with on campus?

I’ve been involved in Her Campus club, a Cappella club, Cheerleading club, and I’ve been a Global Ambassador. 

• Why did you decide to transfer to Lasell? What really caught your attention?

I decided to transfer to Lasell because I really liked the communication and hospitality department.

• How did Lasell’s study abroad program treat you? How did you feel about studying abroad?

The study abroad program at Lasell is outstanding. I loved every single second of my study abroad s

• We know you’ll miss Lasell, but what do you think you’ll miss the most?

I’ll miss my friends, so much. 

• Any advice for incoming freshman?

Take it all in. Meet new people. Try new things. Don’t waste any time. 

• Any advice for rising seniors?

Spend as much time as you can doing what you want and being with your friends. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself about finding a job; just have fun while you’re still here. 

• If you had one final message to leave the Lasell student body, what would it be?

Enjoy every second of this part of your life, it goes fast.

Angela is a senior communication major with a concentration in public relations, and is double minoring in legal studies and sports communication. She studied in Washington, D.C. during the Spring 2016 semester. Angela has interned with McGovern Law and the Washington Ballet. She once was in the same press conference as President Obama. When not in class, she can be found in the Brennan Library studying, in the one of the gyms on campus or taking a nap. Angela is a sports lover, buffalo chicken enthusiast, and future master sommelier.