Listen Up Lasers: Best Breakup Songs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Just got through a hard breakup? Are you still in the phase where you eat gallons of ice cream and watch Sex and the City? Don’t worry: we get it. Here are some of the best ‘Cry Your Eyes Out’ breakup songs to help you make it through. This playlist can help you get over your ex and get back to being the amazing person you are.

1. Bad Day – Daniel Powter

This song is a classic when you need someone to agree with you that it’s okay to admit that this was a crappy day, and you are allowed to not be okay for a minute.

2. Never Say Never – The Fray

This song is great to reflect on everything and come to the realization that at the end of the day, you will be okay.

3. Fix a Heart – Demi Lovato

They broke you, and they can never make that up to you.

4. Take It All – Adele

Okay, it’s no secret that we could make this entire playlist full of Adele songs and call it a day. This song is one of the best by her, because it talks about how they took everything from you and they can have it because you gave it all you had.

5. Burn – Usher

Maybe you broke up with them and it still hurt you, just having to do it.

6. These Four Walls – Little Mix

When you’ve reached the lowest point of the breakup, you have to keep your head up and remember this is as bad as it gets.

7. Even My Dad Does Sometimes – Ed Sheeran

You are not the only one; everyone feels this way sometimes.

8. Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart – Ariana Grande

Remember why it wasn’t working and why you deserve better.

9. You Think You Know Someone – Hunter Hayes

The title says it all.

10. Not Like the Movies – Katy Perry

You deserve something that does feel like the movies.

Listen to this playlist and others at the Her Campus Lasell Spotify page!

All GIFS courtesy of Giphy.com

Icon photo: Pixabay.com

Elizabeth is a Senior at Lasell College, she is a writer and President for the Lasell Her Campus chapter.