Drake Does It Again

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Drake hit the Hot 100 Billboard chart for the 72nd time last week with his remix of “Tuesday”, resulting in more Hot 100 hits than The Beatles themselves and placing himself at eighth for most singles on the list on the Hot 100 overall. The Canadian rap artist first appeared on the list in 2009 with his single “Best I Ever Had” and has been proving his musical skills since. 

Some interesting facts, though: through all of his number ones on the Rap chart and his platinum albums, Drake’s never made it to the number one spot on the Hot 100 Billboard. In addition, only 19 of the 72 songs on the list are solo singles; the rest are songs featuring the genius or collaborationss with his usual partners, like Lil Wayne. It’s hard to imagine Aubrey topping his Nothing Was the Same album, released a year ago in November- but be prepared for more, because he ain’t done yet. 

If you want to listen to the complete list of Drake’s Hot 100 singles- and why wouldn’t you- check out this link: http://www.djbooth.net/index/playlists/entry/drake-billboard-top-100-songs

Katelynn, Lasell's chapter treasurer, is a Fashion Communication and Promotion major at Lasell with a double minor in Graphic Design and Event Management. She just returned from a semester abroad in Florence, Italy and this is her second year writing for Her Campus Lasell. Along with being a part of Graphic Design League, POLISHED Magazine, Hope For Humanity, and the Lasell College Honors Program, Katelynn is a lover of cats and vegan food.