Darice Veiga

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Although Darice Veiga is petite in stature, her personality is overflowing with warmth and welcome.  Veiga is a senior who is currently living in Chandler house on the Lasell Campus.  When spotted on the Lasell Campus one may think she is pursuing a degree in fashion by her stylish and classy attire, but think again because this woman is going after a Law and Public Affairs degree.  Not to say that she doesn’t like fashion because when Veiga was asked what her outfit of choice would be she said, “It would be dressy just because you would never know who you are going to run into.”  With her L Stats just around the corner she plans on becoming a lawyer for her family’s business.  Veiga’s passion for politics and for her community will serve her well in the field of business law.

Her strong will and desire to pursue a career in law can also be translated to her strong beliefs.  Veiga said, “I always believe that everything happens for a reason.  I believe in making mistakes too because you always learn from them.  Also when I make decisions I think twice about them because I’m also a strong believer in Karma.”

Her love of Lasell resonates from its connected learning philosophy.  She also did an internship abroad in Washington D.C.  Veiga said, “I did an internship there for one semester.  I got to work in the court house in D.C. and I got to meet all the congressmen who were there and then I got to tour the capital and I met a lot of important people for my major.”  Although she takes her education very seriously Veiga has an adventurous side with her dream to one day go skydiving.  Already having accomplished bungee jumping she is well on her way to skydiving in the near future.  

Veiga is in no way average, she has a very colorful background including; starring in a McDonald’s commercial at the age of seven, playing piano since she was seven and now teaches it, and Veiga also said, “I was an extra in a movie called ‘The Last Shot’.”  Not to mention that she has been to California a total of fourteen times and is trilingual.  Trilingual meaning that Veiga can speak three languages that include; English, Portuguese, and Creole.