This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This weekend was the annual college fest at Fenway Park. This event is crazy for anyone who has not been. It is something that needs to be experienced by college students of the Boston Area. Some of the major points this year where live music performances, contests, and lots of free giveaways.

Some of the major sponsors of this year’s event included Monster Energy, Naked, L.L. Bean, Uber, and many more. One of the greatest things about this event is that not only were there booths for cool items or places around Boston, but there were also booths that were making a difference with the help of attendees. Some of these included The U.S. Army, Cryogen, and 96 Elephants.

If that’s not exciting enough, there were major things being given away such as backpacks, Fitbits, and lots of cash. Food samples were given out by Vice Ice Cream, Dunkin Donuts, David’s Tea, and Minute Rice and walking around to make sure everyone was on their toes were the characters from Canobie Lake Park’s Halloween event coming up in October.

Not only was everything at College Fest free, but with over 50 booths showcasing services that college students can actually use after the event this event really was the gift that keeps on giving. If you were unable to make College Fest this year, make sure you check it out in 2017!

Elizabeth is a Senior at Lasell College, she is a writer and President for the Lasell Her Campus chapter.