danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Bold Type Renewed for Seasons 2 & 3

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Are you aspiring to be a journalist, magazine editor, or fashion personnel?  Or do you just LOVE New York City and female empowerment?  This one’s for you!  All of these are wrapped up into one show that captures what it’s like working for a female magazine in upbeat New York City. The Bold Type, featured on Freeform, follows three women, Sutton, Kat, and Jane, as they go through the ropes of what it actually takes to work for a high-end magazine, discovering their own identities, and of course struggling with their own friendships and relationships. The show, inspired by the life of longtime magazine editor of Cosmopolitan Joanna Coles, was so popular it has been renewed for two more seasons (YAY)!

Seasons two and three, both ten episodes each, are bound to have a ton of new surprises.  The last episode of season one left on such a cliffhanger that fans are dying to know what will happen. One change coming to the show is Amanda Lasher, known for Gossip Girl and Victorious, who will take the reins as creator for the series. Since her past work has become such a hit, there are definitely high hopes for what’s coming.

It’s a no-brainer that the female empowered show was brought back.  Freeform programming executive VP, Karey Burke, said in a statement, “At Freeform, we are committed to delivering shows that celebrate the power and possibility of the female voice.  Season one of The Bold Type brought culturally significant stories to the masses that not only entertain, but also empower our viewers to conquer the world—we are excited to continue to champion these incredible women.”

We are very excited to see what’s to come for our favorite NYC Scarlet trio!

Madison Paloski is a senior at Lasell University studying fashion communication and promotion and graphic design.  She is currently the Editor in Chief of her school's chapter of Her Campus, an editorial stylist for POLISHED Magazine and Founder and Creative Director of the Fashion Styling and Photography Club on her campus.  She can most likely be found with an old film camera in hand, eating Chipotle, or at any local Saver's.  Her Instagram can be found at @maddiiiooyx and other work can be found at madisonpaloski.wixsite.com/portfolio.