Black Friday Tips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

The biggest shopping day is coming upon us. Black Friday is almost here and there are a few tips that any shopper will find useful on this hectic day. 

Create a list – It is so easy to buy items you don’t need because of the great prices. Next thing you know, you have twenty dollars in your bank account and a huge pile of stuff you don’t need. To avoid this, make a list of the items you need to buy, including your Christmas gift list. This is very important because you may find yourself wandering around the mall for hours, looking for the perfect gift for your mom.

Apps – Well known stores will have apps that will show your what items are on sale, and their great deals. Some will even have extra deals on their app, that you can’t find in stores. Another great part of having it is that you will know where to get some of the items off your list.

Scout out your items – Go a couple days earlier to scout out your items. This way you know exactly where you need to go to get your items. Try even hiding them. Put those cute pants you have dreamed about, under a pile of ugly t-shirts, this way no one will get those beautiful pants.

Electronics are a great gift to give or get for yourself. Stores also have great deals on electronics. Target sells popular movies on DVD for under five bucks.

Start early – It may suck getting up at 11:30 P.M. after having an amazing meal that makes you want to sleep for days, but it is worth it. By starting early, you will definitely get all the items on your list.

Set a budget – Another way to avoid losing all your money is to set a budget. Create a certain goal that you think is reasonable enough