Alexander Turner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Alexander Turner, 21, is a junior at Lasell College majoring in English with a concentration in creative writing. An student activisit on campus, Alex is involved heavily with PRIDE as the president of the group. A strong voice on campus, he promotes and believes in equality for all sexual orientations. A true college student in any form, he enjoys binge watching series, struggles with copious amounts of homework, and the normal day to day pressures of being a student.

What’s your role in PRIDE?

I’m the President of PRIDE. I manage the workload of my officers, delegate jobs, and make sure everyone has the information they need to complete projects. I also organize the club meetings and I plan the basic structure of our events.

You’re very involved with PRIDE, what’s your driving reason for being involved so deeply?

I’m involved with PRIDE because I want to leave the campus community better than I found it.

Being involved in PRIDE, what has impacted you the most?

It was through PRIDE that I really discovered how suited for leadership I am.

As many know, Ellen Page publicly came out this past Friday, what was your reaction to this?

When I read her speech, I was incredibly excited. We all knew she was an avid feminist and supporter, but her coming out was great. Especially since she addressed not just sexuality but masculinity and feminity issues in the media as well.

One last thing, describe your dream job.

I would love to write screenplays for independent movies or write skits and content for Rooster Teeth Productions.

Caitlin is currently the Campus Correspondent for Lasell College and is anticipating graduation in 2015 from Lasell College with a B.A in communications. She is majoring in communications with a focus in journalism. When not at school she works in retail. When she isn't busy with Her Campus or school work, she enjoys archery, reading, shopping (with an addiction to shoes), and exploring as much as possible. Her favorite books include the whole Harry Potter series, any mystery/ thriller novel, and historical fiction.